Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


Hello Family!

Orenburg is pretty cool. It is a good thing Sister Upshaw knows where to go because I have been pretty disoriented. I forgot what it is like to be in a new place. Also, I can't believe it is March either. At the end of March I will have been on my mission for a year...that is
really crazy.

Yesterday at church there were 11 members and 6 missionaries when the meeting started and then throughout it one family showed up and doubled that number. Basically all 11 were babushka the Branch President and his son the Elders Quorum President. I am excited to get to know the people in this branch. It is pretty small but there are some really strong members.  Also that family I talked about...I don't know how to describe it. There is a very intricate diagram of the family tree in our area book about who is related to who and I still don't understand. All I know is the grandma is the driving force behind their membership in the church she is way nice though.

An 8 year old in that family was baptized on Saturday so that was cool. Elder Cowley (I don't know how to spell that) baptized her. They didn't want to fill the font up all the way so it was about up to his knees and the
little girl’s waist. In short, by the time the girl came up out of the water Elder Cowley was under the water having fallen over. He had to explain to his investigator that that isn't usually part of baptism...ha-ha. By the way, Elder Cowley is from Wellsville, Utah. He said he knows Marylynn. Small world, huh? he is a way sweet Elder.

I have met some of our investigators (there is a break out of swine flu here so a lot have been sick). Marina is an older woman really quiet but likes to listen to us. As I figured out how to teach in Tolyatti I always focused on asking questions but...it doesn't work as well with her. We’ll see what we can do. And Tatiana. She said she doesn't feel the love of God but wants to. We have been focusing on finding this week. We have a couple potentials from contacting on the bus. We’ll see how things go next week.

There is a senior couple here who are from Saratov. They are from the branch from my first area. I was actually there when they opened their calls and spoke in church. They are such a blessing for this branch. Anywho, it is fun to serve with them again now that I can speak Russian.

Oh! On Saturday I was in Asia. There is a part of Orenburg that is on the border of Asia so there is a monument that is Asia on one side and Europe on the other. That was cool.

And 2 weeks ago I don't think I said anything but I fell for the first time in Russia. It wasn't even that cool but I have a sweet bruise on my knee. Falling only once is quite an accomplishment, I’ll have you know. I don't really know how it didn't happen earlier I am usually
pretty klutzy.

I feel like this week we worked and laughed and it felt good. I am still WAY tired and I don't really know why. Oh well, I guess life goes on.

Well, I hope everything works out with everyone visiting you. If so, say hello, take some pictures and then send them to me:) love you lot's and talk to you next week.

Love
Sister Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment