Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16, 2012


Dear Family,

So does anyone know what has happened to the 7 weeks I have been here? Time has flown!!

Yesterday L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us for the devotional. He spoke about the priesthood because the Aaronic priesthood was restored on May 15th 183 years ago.  It is always awesome to be taught by a member of the 12 and to hear them testify of the gospel.  The only downside being I was sniffling and coughing through the whole thing because I have a cold.  I almost made it out of the MTC without getting sick.  I have felt super achy for a week now so I am glad that it is finally doing something.  I am feeling loads better though.  Sister Beatie was really nice this morning and did my laundry so that I could sleep some more.  It was way nice.  Actually my whole district was really nice.  They got me breakfast, made my bed...I don't know but I feel really blessed.

On Sunday night I think, there was what we thought was a butterfly flying around our floor in the residence.  It wasn't a butterfly but a VERY large moth. Sister Damron wanted to catch to take it outside so we began to chase it around the floor.  Mid chase it began chasing me, I'm not a pansy or anything but it was huge, slightly hairy and just generally creepy.  I am ashamed to admit it, but I began acting like one of those girls that screams and runs away from bugs.  Although, the moth continued its chase down the hallway.  I finally got away and Sister Upshaw eventually caught it in a cup.  I don't know what it is with us and flying things, hopefully that is it for us while we are here at the MTC.

Mom and Dad, the boots are perfect! I really like them.  Thank you so much!

Greg, I didn't write you a letter because I didn't know where to send it, but I am so excited for you!  A JOB!!!!!  Somehow, you will be going to somewhere colder than Logan. Regardless, It's a job!  Well, once you know more I want some details.  If you like the people you are working with, pictures of your house etc.  You know, fill me in.

I'm so sorry that my last couple of letters have been so boring.  And I realize that most of this one I am talking about chasing a moth around our floor...I guess we are almost ready to leave.  Most of our learning is just speaking and learning new words now.  A couple weeks ago we were teaching and TRC and the girl we were teaching was from Yekaterinburg.  Yekaterinburg is known for fast speakers and she was no exception.  It was cool though because my companion didn’t understand, and I was able to translate for her what she had said.  That was the first time that I didn't have to think about every word individually.  She just spoke and I knew what she said.  Gift of tongues. It's real.  I feel like once I get to Russia, I will learn really fast.  I'm to the point where I just need to speak and hear it. 

We should get our travel plans this week!!  It will be nice to know when we are leaving and our travel route.  I can't believe it is almost our turn to leave.  It blows my mind, but I am so excited.  I don't even know Russian that well, but I already love it. 

Well, family, that is all I have time for.  I love you all so much!!!  I would love to hear from you before I leave.

Love
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment