Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 2, 2012


Dear Mom and Dad

It sounds like things are going well back home. Mom, I will answer your questions first.  Hair dryer and everything work just fine. At least, I haven't had any problems.  My new companion..., funny you should ask. Normally I wouldn't know by now. I assumed that because both my companions were going home that I would for sure be in Saratov but, nope. I will be in a new city. I am not entirely sure what that means but I will be serving with Sister Upshaw. We were in the MTC together so it is both of our 2nd cycles. I should be a little nervous about it but I am stoked. I know she will work hard. And Dad the first part of the Book of Mormon is awesome. I finished a couple weeks ago and restarted and yesterday I finished 2nd Nephi.  It's cool that his last words are "I must obey". That pretty much sums Nephi up. Also, Brother Bashford’s story was cool. I hope someday I will be able to express myself in Russian. Currently I can't really express myself in either language. I feel like I just think a lot. Also, sometimes I feel like a have turned into this shy person because I never really do a lot of the talking. I leave that to Sister Braginets. Anyway, eventually I will able to be myself. I hope. Also, tell Jane thank you for making her kids watch the match against Canada. Hopefully someone enjoyed it.

I really don't have much to say..., this week we were getting our apartment ready to move. We had to take everything because no one is moving in behind us. They might close it we don't know. Any who, yesterday at church I was talking to a lady named Vera. She is sweet last week I talked with her and she said her favorite color is purple. This week she asked me what sports I liked and I told her soccer. She said, "You know the Europa urea cup is on TV". And then she went on to talk about Ronaldo and she got really animated as she talked about some cool goals. IT was Sweet! Keep in mind she is at least 70-75 years old. She invited me to watch with her. Man, if only. I also talked with a man named Aleksai in our branch. He was talking about temples. I told him the salt lake temple was only 20 minutes away from my house, and he couldn't imagine it. And then I told him that there were actually 3 temples that were closer than that. I thought his brain was going to explode. Haha. He asked if we have sacrament meeting in the temples, I explained that there are a lot of church buildings in Utah as well. He asked how many stakes were in the Salt Lake valley and I didn't know, so if you could find that out for me that would be cool. He guessed 100. I am sure it is more than that.

Today we moved and that was kind of stressful. Usually we email earlier in the day but because today was crazy we are using our last hour of p day to email. And we still don't have food..., I guess we will figure that out later.

I have been meaning to tell Todd about the dairy section here. He would love it. Yogurt goes up to like 12% fat. Skim milk is unheard of here. We buy 2.5% and that is the lowest I have seen. They have like 5% and 6% they also have all sorts of different things. Kefir... I don't know but I am still trying things out.

Friday we will be headed to samara and then I will probably be headed to a new city. 2nd train ride!! 

Well, I love you!!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment