Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 9, 2012


Wow! It sounds like you have been busy!! So guess who forgot that the Fourth of July was a holiday. That’s right, this girl. It was pretty uneventful, it was sports night so we played volleyball and that was fun. This week has been crazy. So last Monday we moved. It was a nice apartment but since Elders lived in it before us... well, it needed some cleaning. We did as much as we could but we were only there for a week. Friday night we got on a train to Samara and then Saturday morning we’re in Avrova (area in Samara). I worked with Sister Mo for Friday which meant we went to sports day where we threw a Frisbee and someone had a soccer ball so I was able to pass that around for a little while. Man, it felt so good. And then in the afternoon the Elders here had a baptism. This man was like 80 years old, and found a copy of the Book of Mormon and began reading. He read like a 100 pages a day and has read it about 10 times now. The spirit was so strong there. It was great. Working with Sister Mo, was so great! I hope we have a cycle where we work together. Right now there are 8 sisters (3 that came with us have gone home.) by the end of August there will be 14. Also the oldest sister in our mission after next cycle has been here for 3 more cycles than I have. Our mission is really young.

After I email I will be getting in a van for two hours to go to Taliati, a new city. It should be fun. I am looking forward to next p-day being normal and relaxing. For the past couple of days there have been 8 sisters in the apartment in Avrova. The mornings get slightly crazy...

Dad, thanks for the pictures! The backyard does look great! And Todd on a bull.... Tell Marylynn to squeeze harder. Maybe then he will stop. I can wish right?

The weather in Samara isn't as hot as Saratov so for the past couple of days I have been enjoying that. It is humid but not unbearable.

Well I don't know how much time I have left because the computer was being weird. I love you all so much!! Next week I will tell you more about our new area.

Ceuta Pearce


No comments:

Post a Comment