Friday, September 14, 2012

September 10, 2012

Hello family!!

Wow! It sounds like you have had a good week! Mom, I am glad you are able to work for another year. And that Brayden gets to see you in action. Tell John congratulations!! I have been praying for him to find something. At least they were able to come back to Utah for a little while. Your activity day activity sounded really fun. To answer your questions: The weather is starting to be cold. Today I pulled out my thermals and I am wearing my boots. I wear my jacket every day. It isn't terribly cold yet but it definitely feels like fall.  When I got here the sun went down around 10:00ish and now around 7:30-8:00. I guess I have been here for a little while...weird. Sister Scoville and I like to cook together so we cook a lot of different things. We made borscht the other week, she brought taco seasoning and we made taco soup. It. Was. Delicious. It tasted like home. I haven't really started craving anything American but...man. I don't remember what else but whatever we are feeling like. For Christmas I want a package from home. I don't want to sound demanding but...I know what I could get here and you know how much I like surprises. Sister Scoville also brought some peanut butter and I didn't realized I have been missing that either. Rice crispies and marshmallows would make good packing material...surprise me. I will send a package home maybe full of Russian surprises :)

This week has been an interesting week.  We had zone conference on Tuesday and our bus picked us up at 6:30 so we were up early. President Malm is in the area presidency for the eastern European area and he came and just kind of did whatever he wanted. It definitely wasn't like a normal zone conference. It was good though. He focused on being an "Always" missionary. And President Sartori talked about the principle of "always". We are now studying what it means to each of us to be an "always" missionary. It is an interesting study. And I think it will really help our mission. Wednesday was just a strange day. I was so tired from zone conference. The night before zone conference I think I got like 3 hours of sleep. For some reason I couldn't sleep. I don't have time to say everything so I will just give you a few snapshots. It started with a man talking to us about the Book of Mormon and turned into he was looking for a wife and tried to hug me. And ended with being led into a secret provaslavny (I don't know how to spell that) church by a lady we had found beforehand. She took us to the leader of their church, so I had to bow out gracefully. It was strange.

AND! Ok I am really excited about this because our investigator just called me so let me explain. Yesterday one of our progressing investigators was going to come to church with us and she was really excited. We went to her apt. and her sister answered and told us never to call again or to stop by. We were disappointed to say the least because she is so cool. She is the one that came back and asked us for the Book of Mormon. Anyway, we were bummed and we didn't really know what we could do. Just wait and see if she would call us. And she did just barely! And she wanted to meet with us away from her sister so we set up an appointment for tomorrow. YAY!!!  This should be a good week! Tatiana!!!!

Well, I love you all and I hope everything with John’s work goes well!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment