Saturday, September 22, 2012

September 17, 2012


Hello family!!

Yes dad, the weeks do seem to fly by. This week seems like it was one day. We just finished the 4th week of our transfer which is nuts. Also, I have been on my mission for almost 6 months....that is a lot of time.  I can't believe Kathy Gehrke is home from her mission. I am sure it was cool to see the Bowles and some for the former members of our ward.

This week the big news is that Faina has a baptismal date!! It is for the end of October but she is doing really well!  She has a bad knee and she was working long hours and I guess it was hard. In our first lesson she had a hard time praying out loud but she did it and then this week she told us that after our first meeting she went to work and her work schedule had changed. She works 2 hours less every day for the same amount of pay. She said "god answered my prayer. It’s a miracle." isn't that way cool!! She is the best. She calls us to confirm appointments.

Another cool answer to prayer: this week we met with Tonya another one of our investigators and she has 4 little kittens that she has been trying to find homes for 3-4 weeks. We prayed with her and I felt silly praying about the cats but that is what I felt the spirit prompt me to say. She told us the next day one of them was adopted! She also said she felt like it was an answer to prayer. Cool right?

I love Tolyatti. I wouldn't mind staying here for a while. I don't know if that will happen, maybe. I at least want to see Faina be baptized. Also, I would love serving with Sister Scoville for a while as well. Fingers crossed!

We have also been meeting with a lot of members here and I love them all. They are all so nice and grateful for missionaries because every single one of them is a convert to the church. A lot of the members here are just very solid. They are always willing to help us, when they aren't on their dacha. Oy, dacha's. Don’t get me started. In the summer, a Russians life revolves around their dacha. It’s cool but people have a hard time coming to church because of it and don't really understand the importance of the Sabbath day.

Well, before I forget, happy birthday mom!!!!! I hope it is great! Don’t have too much fun without me, and send me some pictures of everyone together. Deal? Thanks. Well I love you all so much!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment