Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012

Hello family!!


I can't believe that school has already started!! Time is flying. I feel like it has been 2 days since I was writing you.

The Peterson’s were in Moscow for a young single adult conference and they were able to see Tonya. She is the one Sister Upshaw and I was teaching when I first got to Tolyatti. She wrote me when she got back to Moscow and I wrote her back but she hadn't received it yet because she gave letter to the Peterson’s to give to me and she said she thought I had forgot about her. :( Any who, in her note she said she was getting baptized on the 1st of September!!!! I wanted to write her before her baptism but I got her letter on Tuesday so I will write her back today. BUT, I got a call on Friday from a number I didn't know and it was her! She said she got my letter that morning the day before her baptism. I was so grateful that I was able to talk to her. She said she felt so ready to be baptized and was excited for her baptism. I can't wait to hear about it!

Other than that this week was pretty normal in that we did the same thing but people were just popping out of everywhere for us to teach. One lady on the street said, "You called me LAST summer to meet and we never did here’s my number, stop by tomorrow" or we did some addresses and ended up finding 3 people that were taught a year ago. One of them had a baptismal date. We aren't entirely sure what happened but he thought we had forgotten about him. We stopped by another lady and she wasn't home so we left a note thinking nothing would come of it but she called us the next day. She also had a baptismal date. I don't know what will happen but I am excited to feel the spirit guide us while we seek revelation to help them.

The weather has turned a little chilly. They said usually it is warm through September and then gets cold in October but it is a little early this year. I had to dig my tights out of my suitcase and my jacket. Everyone says right now you can only by fall clothes but if winter comes early I hope they start selling coats early as well...I guess we will figure it out.

Also, Sister Scoville is the best. We have only been companions for almost 2 weeks but already I feel like we have been friends for a long time. We work really well together and we have fun while we do it. We cook a lot, comp study is the best...I don't know I just really like working with her. Yesterday while I was in church I looked around at all the members and I just realized I love it here in Tolyatti. I want to serve here for a while if I can.

So did you get my pictures I sent home? I will send some more soon probably. Also, zone conference is tomorrow and we will be picked up at 6:30 in the morning to get to samara. So tomorrow will be an early morning, but it should be good. For the past couple weeks we have been given 3 talks to prepare a 4minute talk on becoming a disciple of Christ. It has been fun to study for and I feel like I have learned a lot. The area president has taken over zone conference so we don't really know what to expect but it should be great none the less.

Well, I am about out of time. I love you all!!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment