Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10, 2012


Hello!
My birthday was cool I guess. Sister Sine made me a chocolate cake and sang me happy birthday at breakfast. And then at district meeting, Sister Peterson made taco soup and then Elder Hangen made lemon bars. I had some cake, blew out some candles...had a birthday, and now I am 22. That was a real fast year. The weather here is cold but there isn't any snow on the ground. I thought for sure I was in for a white Christmas but...maybe not! I don't know a lot about the hot water. I know that the buildings are heated with pipes and hot water. When I was in Saratov we didn't have hot water for the first 2 weeks or so. And then a couple weeks later they turned the cold water off. The hot water here is HOT too, so not having cold water was worse. But here in Tolyatti I haven't had a problem. So ya, I think the water is all controlled by the government.

I liked the picture of you and dad in the new house! We have a fireplace to hang stockings! Also it looks nice and spacious. And Hayzlee looks HUGE! When did that happen? I am sure it is fun moving into the new house and set things up how you want. I am glad dad bought you a gps. I was going to suggest it but I forgot so I’m glad it happened anyway.

Because of Christmas this cycle is only 5 weeks long so this Saturday we will find out where we will be next cycle. Originally President said we were going to be in our areas for a while, but now he just told us that this transfer a lot is changing. Also this week, Sister Sine has a visa trip so; we will be in samara from Wednesday to Friday. I am grateful I just get to work this time. I was so tired after my visa trip last cycle. I felt tired for weeks after it. Well, more tired than normal anyway. Ha-ha.

On Saturday an 8 year old in the branch got baptized. She turns 9 in January. When I first got here we met with here to help her decide to get baptized. Her mom isn't active but her older sister and grandma are members. She has been meeting with the Elders for the past little and, now she is baptized! She is really great. Elder Malloy was able to baptize her so that was cool. He and I will go home at the same time, and he has served his whole mission here in Tolyatti. Anyway, they had the missionaries sing the "I like to look at rainbows" primary song. I don't know what the title is...other than that, this week was like usual.

Well, good luck unpacking! And finding your way around a new city!
I love you!

Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment