Friday, December 21, 2012

December 17, 2012


This week has been kind of crazy. On Wednesday we took a bus to Samara and then I worked in the Avrora area on Friday with Sister Upshaw, Sister Wynn and Sister Koestler. It was fun to get out of Tolyatti for a while. We headed back on Friday and then on Saturday received transfer calls. I am still in Tolyatti and my companion is Sister Polyanskaya. She is from Ukraine! Sister Sine is in Saratov so yesterday we got on another bus to Samara and then switched and came back. We left at 8:00 in the morning and then got back home at 6:00 so...there went p-day. I didn't even have time to study. So that is why we are writing today and not yesterday.  Really that is all that happened this week. Lots of buses. It was kind of sad when sister sine and I knew we wouldn't be working together again but Sister Polyanskaya is real cool. And I will speak real good Russian by the end of it I hope. Sister Scoville will be training the new sister that is coming in. COOL!  Anywhoo...........Sister Polyanskaya has been a member for 4 years, she is from Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine and we I don't know what else to say. She likes to cook so I am excited to know how to cook like an eastern European. This cycle should be cool. 

This week, on Tuesday I think, we were like 50 feet outside of our apartment. when a man that was smoking asked who we were. At first I wasn't going to respond but did anyway. After we answered some of his questions we gave him the Book of Mormon and kept talking. He said he wanted to know how to change his life and he basically taught us the plan of salvation from what he had learned from the bible. We read with him from the Book of Mormon some of the same doctrines and he was way excited to meet with us. Small miracle from the week.

Well, next week I will try to know as much as I can about calling home and fill you in. things are just a bit crazy right now. I think I have told you everything I know. We will figure it out though. Anyway, good luck unpacking!! I love you both!

Love, 
Cectpa Pearce 


No comments:

Post a Comment