Tuesday, December 11, 2012

November 26, 2012


Hello!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I forgot last week so I thought I would tell you this week. For Thanksgiving we all ate together after district meeting on Friday at the Peterson’s. We all brought different parts of the meal and it was delicious. I made the pies; apple and banana cream. They turned out really well but I had to wrestle with the crust and it just stressed me out a little. The apple pie was way good though. And HUGE. We don't have any pans that would have worked. We have 1 5'8 pan. But the zone leaders had some fluted edged pans that worked out pretty well. We ended up using 7-8 very large apples.  It was a cool Thanksgiving with all of us being away from our families but working together here in Russia we are like a weird family. I love it.

We have had some really cool lessons this week. One with Madam Nina. She is a 75 year old mostly blind woman who was an English interpreter and teacher who we found on the street. She told us when we started meeting with her that she was just interested in listening but didn't want to change her beliefs. We taught her the restoration and then this last time the plan of salvation. The spirit there was so strong. She for sure felt the spirit and even said if she knew how to take part in god's plan for her she would do it. I think her heart is being softened; we will just have to see if we can find a way for her to listen to the Book of Mormon. She is also very Russian Orthodox.

It has started to get pretty cold. Not terrible but every week it gets a little colder than the week before. Last night and this morning when we went running it was -2 Celsius. Soon I will be taking bets on: how many layers of thermals will Sister Pearce be wearing this week! I think it will be a fun game. Who knows! Also, how is Christmas already a month away?  That is crazy. Since Christmas here isn't a very big deal it doesn't feel like Christmas time. Although, our apartment is decorated for it. It has been since July when I got here though. Now it is current. We have a nativity on the window, a stocking on the wall and some Santa’s and ho ho ho on another window. Santa got a little melted though during the summer so he is a little saggy. Nevertheless, festive!

Well, I don't really have any other news. Good luck with moving! Take pictures of the views out the windows if you could. The kitchen the sewing room, my room...ya that would be cool. Also! I got your package this week! Thank you so much!!! I put on the socks instantly and they are perfect!

Love you lots!!!
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment