Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 9, 2013

Hello Family!!

Mom it was so good to finally get a letter from you! Don’t feel guilty; you were off being super grandma. But it is nice to hear from you. I am writing you from Kazan this week. We are going to be doing our exchange tomorrow and then Wednesday morning get on a train to Izhevsk. And then we will take the 12 hour bus of death back to Samara. I guess I had to do it once. Roman, our mission driver picked us up at 3:30 this morning. And 6 hours later, Kazan!

This week has been cool. We met some really cool people and set appointments with them but they all seemed to fall through. But that is ok because yesterday was way sweet. I talked to Sasha earlier in the week and he said he was planning on coming to church, so we crossed our fingers and prayed really hard. And..., He came!!! We met with him during Sunday School with some of the youth in the branch and it was so good. We talked about the plan of salvation and he just understood everything so well. He himself came to the conclusion that baptism is necessary so all we did was ask when. We set the date for the 29th of September. He could only do it on a Sunday because he works. He already feels like he is a part of the branch here. We asked him what he needs to do to qualify for the blessings of god and he started explaining prayer, read the Book of Mormon, come to church, get baptized etc. pretty good list right? And then I asked him why he wanted to do those things. He said, "Because it's true." and then he realized what he said and he was like "whoa! It’s true" it was such a great lesson. Veronica started university this week so we weren't able to meet with her but we will be on Sunday. There are so many miracles happening in our mission right now! People are coming out of nowhere with a desire to be baptized. For so long we have been diligently working and nothing happened and now the windows of heaven opened.

On Thursday we were on exchange with the other Sisters in Samara. I was working with Sister Angelos and we had a good exchange. It was normal nothing too exciting. We got one phone number from the whole day. They called her the next day, and met with her and this is what she said. "I went to the site you told me to (mormon.org/rus) and read about prayer and learned about the Book of Mormon and I wanted to know more. So, I prayed that you would call and we would meet." I just about died. It is little moments like that that make it so I could keep doing missionary work my whole life.

That is about all I got for now. Love you all so much!!

Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment