Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 20, 2012

Hello!!!

So this week was the last week of the transfer so we were anxiously awaiting the news of where we were going to be. Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnd............... I will be staying in Tolyatti and training and Cectpa Upshaw will be going to Penza. I love transfers. They are always a surprise and never what you expect. I guess that is the definition of a surprise....anyway, I am excited. We will be in samara Wednesday to pick them up and then back to work. The senior couple here is awesome so I am excited to continue to work with them. Their blog address is:

kenandstacymission@blogspot.com

Yesterday we found this awesome lady named Tatiana. She was walking slowly on the sidewalk so we approached her and offered her and invitation (invitation to church ie pass-along card) but she wasn't interested. As she walked by I just said "vcevo vam dobrova" and just wished her well, like I always do, usually they just keep walking but she turned around and looked at me and she seemed surprised. we kept walking and were talking to another lady probably half way down the block when Tatiana came back and said "after you left I had the thought that I needed to talk to these believing people and read what they had to offer" it was so cool! I had a Book of Mormon in my hands, and when she saw it, she asked if she could read it and if we could write her phone number down so we could talk with her about it. So I guess she technically found us. But I feel like the Lord has prepared her. Nikolai is still progressing. He recognizes the Holy Ghost but he doesn't find it "satisfying" he wants more, so we will be helping him understand his answer. Other than that, this week was pretty slow.
This transfer has flown by! It's crazy.

Mom, tell the Bowles’ hello for me! I miss not being able to boat with them as well...and this time I don't even have a broken arm. Whoa. That was a year ago...crazy. It sounds like you and dad are having a great time being grandparents. You’ve got some lucky grandchildren. Dad, the trains look awesome! You made one of those for me right? I hope so. Also, mom, yes, Breanne and Maycie can play with my doll. I think I have outgrown it...That was one of the best gifts ever. That and my first bike. I hope you and dad have a good time in Bryce!! It is beautiful!
Mom, did you take a picture of Greg’s quilt? I would like to see how it turned out.

Well, I love you all!!!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment