Sunday, August 5, 2012

July 30, 2012


Hello!! How is everyone! Dad, thanks for the updates on the Olympics I can't believe they are already here. I also can't believe that Spain is already eliminated. Talk about an upset. I also can't believe that July is almost over. That is crazy.  Also, the ward activity sounded like it was a lot of fun. And super effective.

Tomorrow is our first visa trip. It sounds cool but I am not super excited. All it consists of is waking up at 5 in the morning and getting in a taxi to the Samara airport. Then we will fly to Moscow and from Moscow to Latvia. From there we spend 3 hours in the airport and then fly home. We will get back to Samara at 11:00 at night and then we have a 2 hour drive to Tolyatti. I really hope the Moscow airport is nice to us. Wish us luck!!!

Today I figured I would tell you about our district a little. So Sister Upshaw and I are in new city with Elders Wiseman and Mulloy. And then in old city are the zone leaders Elders Morris and Taylor. And then our district leaders live in Oolianask. Sorry I don't know how to spell that in English. Anyway it is about 4 hours away from where we are so district meeting every week is over the phone. It’s fun. The elders here are so great I have already learned a lot from them about how to do the work here. In Tolyatti there is really great young single adult group. They are all really great friends and are all willing to help missionaries. It is really great.

This week has been kind of slow. Almost all of our meetings fell through and people just didn't want to talk to us this week. I don't know. I am sure next week will be better. 

Last week I meant to write about this but I forgot. In Tolyatti they have these pipes that are green. Think Mario and Luigi. Yep. Exactly like that only they are in real life. They are everywhere. I didn't really know what they were for but last week they must have been working on the pipes because there were people crawling in and out of them like crazy. And they were all wearing overalls. It was the best.  I had the Mario theme song running through my head all day.

Good luck with everything!!! I love you all!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment