Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012


Hello family!!

What a week! I feel like every week goes faster than the last. So earlier this week I was in Samara to pick up my new companion. Her name is Sister Sine. She is from Washington DC and studied English at BYU-Idaho. She is really cool, and already speaks really well. She is also ready to work hard and willing to do anything. I am excited to work with her and get to know her better.  We didn't get to listen to conference but we will next week after it has been translated into Russian. I don't think we will be able to listen to it in English but I did know about the lowering of the ages. The senior couple here watched it and then told us about it. I can't wait to watch it. We will all go to the branch in Komcomolcki and watch it. It should be fun. I don't know when we will get to watch the relief society session. This week has been good though. We have seen a lot of miracles and I know that as we continue to work hard they will keep coming.

Sister Sine and I got back here on Wednesday afternoon and started working and now it is Monday...I don't really remember what happened this week. The other day there was a man named Sergei who had investigated the church before but is now a Baptist. He stopped and asked us a question. We began talking to him and then had an appointment with him the next day. It was on the street so we didn't know if he was going to show but he did. He also brought with him his Baptist pastor. Mostly they just kept telling us that the Book of Mormon is a lie and trying to convince us that Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet. I didn't want to argue, so I just bore a simple testimony and then walked away. I just felt so sad for them. They have great faith in Christ and are very religious but they were so unwilling to even think about asking God. They said we must worship a different god because their god doesn't work through prophets and modern day scripture. Ya that was a fun meeting. We were able to meet with a less active that I have been trying to meet with forever. Although, now she doesn't believe that Christ was the Son of God. And she doesn't think the Holy Ghost exists...but she said we could come back.

It sounds like you had quite the week! And like you got a lot done. I hope you are taking some before and after shots. I will want to see them. I also found out my next visa trip will be next week and that will be week 3 of our transfer. Time is going too fast! Are you getting ready to move soon? Like this month? Next month? I am glad you kept up the tradition of cinnamon biscuits and chocolate milk. Maybe I will attempt them on Saturday? Who knows.

I love you all so much!! Thinking about moving makes me sadder than I think it should. But it is just because of great parents who taught us how to work and how to play together. And created a home where we could learn from each other. Well, love you!

Love,
Cectpa Pearce


No comments:

Post a Comment