Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 1, 2012


Hello!

Sounds like you had an exciting week! How does Denver look?

On Saturday we received transfer calls. I can't believe another transfer is done! The results......................I will be staying here!! And training again. I am a bit bummed that Sister Scoville will be leaving; she will be going to Bezamonski, an area outside of Samara. And I am also a little nervous about training again. Tomorrow we will be taking a bus to Samara and then Wednesday I will pick up my trainee and then come back to Tolyatti.  We will be getting 3 new sisters 2 from America and 1 Russian. The other 2 sisters who are training will be opening areas and training at the same time. One in Kazan and then the other in Saratov. If you ever have some extra time you should research Kazan. I don't know a lot but I do know it isn't officially part of Russia. It is like a free republic or something. I am not sure but I have seen pictures and it is beautiful. Hopefully I get to serve there sometime.

Yesterday at church was an exciting day. There is a family here and they have all decided to serve a mission. 2 sons who are 21 and 25 respectively will serve in Ukraine. I don't know which missions, they wouldn't tell me, (we didn't know they were serving missions until last week. they are way secretive about it here.) but different missions. They left for the MTC in Spain today. And their parents will leave in a couple weeks to serve in the Baltic mission.  Anywho, they spoke yesterday and it was so great. Our investigator Elena was there and I think she had a good experience. Having a whole family serve at one time is crazy, but a whole Russian family? That is outrageous. I am glad I know them. The area president, President Bonnet is trying to get a story about them in the Liahona so look for that in December maybe.

I was kind of hoping I made it up that you would be moving to Denver, it still doesn't feel real. A quote I came across in the MTC has been on my mind a lot as of late by Spencer W Kimball. "Cherish your spiritual burdens because god will converse with you through them, and will use you to do his work if you endure them well."  I actually have thought about this quote a lot for my whole mission. It helps me remember that the experiences we have are not an accident. They are to help us come closer to our Savior. As I have thought of our house, or rather, our home, I realized that almost every inch of our house you have touched and made it your own. I have also thought of all the memories of growing up there. Make sure you take a lot of pictures, ok? Moving will definitely be a new and probably at times an uncomfortable experience. But I know that the lord is aware of you. You will definitely be a blessing to your new ward. Well keep me updated! Show me pictures of the houses you look at. Dad, make sure Mom has a good place to sew!

Love you!
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment