Friday, January 25, 2013

January 14, 2013


How has your week of being super grandma been? I am sure it was fun:)

It has been quite a week. Monday after we wrote you we went to a branch picnic in the forest. It was way fun. Tanya our investigator went with us and had a really great time. She is looking pretty good for baptism around the end of the month beginning of February. The Tonya who got baptized in Moscow was at the picnic as well so I was able to talk to her before she headed back to Moscow. Anyway it was a blast. And then we headed straight to the bus station to head to Samara for my visa trip on Tuesday. As soon as we got to Samara sister Polyanskaya discovered the reason her head had been itching for a couple days was because of lice... so I spent the night combing out her hair and spraying stuff on it. There were 8 sisters at the apartment in Samara so we didn't want anyone else to get it. Can you imagine, all of the sisters having lice? It would be a nightmare. And then I woke up at 3:30 in the morning for my visa trip on Tuesday. My group was pretty fun. Sister Upshaw was with me and then the Petersons and the Sartori's were with us as well. And then some Elder's that you don't know. But, we flew, we ate and got home and 1:00 in the morning. As fun as it is to talk to everyone I hate being tired for a week after it.

After visa trip we had lessons with our investigators and some members and less actives. We are beginning to teach together pretty well. Studying together is still rough but we'll figure it out.  This week we focused on teaching the doctrines of the gospel. Especially the restoration. As we have taught the restoration to members and less actives, especially, we are seeing them change and remember the testimony they received when they were baptized. It is sweet.

Yes, I hear from Chris usually once a month. Although, with Christmas / weird mail I haven't heard anything since November. Actually, maybe it was October? I don't remember. I will probably write him today.  But remember how I can't open emails from anyone but family? Ya, so if you don't send me them then...nope I don't get them. Will you forward them! Thanks. It’s interesting that he will be home in April. Everyone in our mission is being moved back a month. My original estimated day was September 2nd but now it is September 30. Which is sweet. That means I get a full 18 month mission!

Also, how often does the computer eat your emails? It seems to be an epidemic. Maybe you should get that checked out. Well, I think that is about it. This week we have culture night and will be going to a Russian Orthodox monk choir. It should be cool. AND we won't be going to samara!! Tolyatti all week! Well, love you lots! Talk to you next week!

Cectpa Pearce


No comments:

Post a Comment