Friday, January 25, 2013

January 7, 2013


Happy New Years!! and Merry Christmas!

It sounds like you had some good holidays! Last week we were able to work in our area Wednesday afternoon, Saturday night and Sunday. We were in side Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday night went to Samara for Sisters conference on Thursday and Friday. Sisters conference was way cool. Mostly it was really great to see everyone. We have never had all of the sisters in one place. There have always been a couple of companionships in Saratov. There are 15 sisters right now and from now until July we will have 20 sisters. With the lowering of the age for missionaries there will be an estimated 40,000 more missionaries (I think I said that before...). Anywho, President said "maybe the 2nd coming is closer than I thought. God wouldn't call down 40,000 more missionaries for nothing!" I hadn't really thought of it that way before but we had 56 missionaries when I got here, and soon we will have 80.

That was pretty much our week...yesterday we met with Tanya and she accepted a baptismal date for January 26th. That was cool.  This week was a very strange week.

We have been in Samara every week for the past month and...Tonight we will be going back. I have a visa trip tomorrow to Latvia. It sounds cool when I write it; I just know how tired I will be after it. It should be cool though. I will be in the same group as President Sartori and the Peterson’s and the 2 elders I will be flying home with. The airport there is pretty. Maybe this time I will take some pictures. Who knows? Well, after tomorrow this week should be pretty normal. Sorry, there wasn't a lot to tell this week.

Well, I love you all!
Love,
Cectpa Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment