Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 28,2013



Sounds like you have had a pretty fun week! I don't even know what to say about this week. We have been working a lot with Tanya and she will be getting baptized on Saturday. There were no young women in our branch but there will be next week! For the past 2 weeks the Young Women’s president has taught a lesson for the 3rd hour and it has been really great. Tanya has a place in the branch and has started doing personal progress. Which I think is probably the coolest thing in the world. Anyway I will write more next week about her but it has been awesome to watch the power of the gospel change her. When I met her she was very quiet and shy. We would ask her questions and she would always turn to her mom to answer, but now she has her own opinions and never stops talking.

The Petersons will be going home and at the end of this week so that is kind of sad. I guess I have been in Tolyatti for a while...transfers will be at the end of this week so we will see what happens. Cectpa Polyanskaya wants to leave...it's been a rough cycle. Anywho, yesterday we had a lesson with Alessa and she has read a lot of the Book of Mormon. I had the prompting to read 2 Nephi 31 with her and then asked her a couple of questions about. I don't remember anymore but she came to the conclusion that baptism would be a necessary step. She has a tentative date set for March so we will see. She is an incredible mom; hopefully we can help her husband progress as well. Who knows?

What else...we have done quite a bit of tracting this week. And for the first time on my mission it was actually pretty effective. We have 3 return appointments for this week. Also, in other news it was really cold this week. Today we will be finding a skirt for Tanya to give to her at her baptism.

I hope you have a great Monday!

Love you lots!
Cectpa Pearce

ps. Pray for Tanya!


No comments:

Post a Comment