Monday, July 8, 2013

July 1, 2013

Hello!
It sounds like you two were busy this week! It looked fun as well. Again I feel like I was here yesterday…. why is time going so fast!? So this week we were in Kazan and it is such a pretty city! The center of the city is ridiculously beautiful. Beautiful churches and everything is just way clean perfect. We weren't in that area but we drove by it. Where we were working was still way pretty though, but more like Russia.  And yes, it is a very diverse place as far as religion goes. Mostly Russian Orthodox and Muslim. But most people there are pretty open to talk. next week the Olympic games for university students is going to be there so I felt like everyone in the city was getting ready for it. While I was there I worked with Sister Walker. She is a tall volleyball player who played at Utah State. She is 20 years old and so cool. I worked with Sister Lund a couple weeks ago and she is also 20 years old. As I talked with them about how they decided to come on a mission their stories were different but very similar. Sister Lund has wanted to serve a mission her whole life and Sister Walker only about a year ago started thinking about it. When they were 19 they both didn't understand why they couldn't serve a mission right then. They both prayed about it and prayed about it and just thought they would have to wait for 2 years. But things were falling into place for them as far as being accepted into programs for school or getting their lives into a place where they could go. And then general conference rolled around and the first thing they heard was that they could go on a mission right now! They both called their bishops and started their papers immediately. It was cool hearing their stories and hearing how the lord prepared them and put that desire into their hearts so that they would be ready to go. The Lord is indeed in charge of this work. Yesterday we watched the missionary broadcast and it was so great!! I loved it. What kind of opportunities do you have to do member missionary work in Colorado? Is it like Utah where there are a lot of members? Also what kind of ideas did you have about you can help in the work? I would be so excited to hear about what it is like there.

Yesterday I also gave a talk in church. They asked me to talk about being honest with those around you. I didn't really have an opportunity to study for it until Saturday (we had zone training on Friday Kazan the rest of the week) but it went well. I decide to sing "I’m trying to be like Jesus" at the end. It went pretty well. Russians love it when you sing.

The Sisters in Kazan are doing so well! They are so diligent and obedient and the Lord can't help but bless them. The work there is really alive. It was great to be there for a couple days and really see the hand of the Lord leading his work there.

Well, that is probably about it. Love you lots!

Love,
 Sister Pearce
Ps. answer my questions about the broadcast please!

I have kept forgetting but I wanted to send a recipe that I and Sister Scoville have been making. It so great for summer!
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of corn
small to medium onion chopped
1-2 cups green beans (we use frozen cooked just a little but canned would work)

1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil

Drain the entire can stuff and then mix with dressing. Let it sit overnight. It gets better the longer it sits!
I also thought it would be good with grilled chicken. Try it this week and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment